Tuesday, February 5, 2008

In The Shadows

If you look at me you will not see me but the shell of me, but if you look close and into my heart you will see me. I walk into the dark for the light was too bright. Once in the dark, no one could find me. But you knew I was there, for you can see through anything, except the light.

My soul is the key to the inner me it is buried in my heart. I feel the distance between us but am afraid to admit it. I hide my feelings for you from you, for I'm not sure if you feel the same. So we keep on pretending this way for neither will admit the truth to the other. Afraid to leave the dark for it is the light we don't want to see. The light bares the truth which the dark protects us from.

Still I look around and hope you will find me and will hold me and never let me go. Even though I don't hold your hand, I still imagine that I am holding your heart.

No comments: